Intern - Summer 2020 - Field Application Engineering
Posted Jan 24, 2020 | Hits: 136 | Stock No: #6393
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Field Application Engineering Team is seeking a talented and motivated engineer to join the team. In this role you will engage with key customers from start-ups to well established companies developing products for IOT, Mobile, Automotive, AI/ML? using a host of GLOBALFOUNDRIES differentiated technologies. You will learn Salesforce for CRM and responsible for generating and enhancing data extraction and reports to help strategize on opportunities and customer engagement and work with University customers on their tapeout processing. Other tasks can include NPI process flow, market research, understanding product roadmaps for key accounts and applications. A person in this role regularly interfaces with Account managers, technology and IP program managers and customer engineering teams.
The intern will have the opportunity to learn about Salesforce - CRM, multiple market segments, product requirements, roadmaps and will get exposure to leading edge foundry technologies.
* Analyze Salesforce CRM data, generate account reports for customer insights to drive opportunities and engagement.
* Review product requirements and roadmaps for strategy discussion with account teams,
* Shadow FAE team on New Product Introduction process and supporting product tapeout.
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
* Education - Graduating Senior or Junior pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent. or other Bachelor of Science fields
* Experience - Familiarity with IC design, semiconductor process technology and design flow.
* Excellent technical problem solving skills.
* Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal.
* Good attitude and interpersonal skills, tactful and works well in a team environment.
* Self-motivated, resourceful, shows initiative and needs minimum supervision.
* Well organized and exhibits attention to detail.
* Familiarity with semiconductor technology process nodes and process technologies (CMOS/RFCMOS/Fin-FET/SiGe)
* Experience: internship experience in the Semiconductor industry in a related engineering.
* Understanding of SoC product design
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.